What are the benefits of providing proper grooming to your domestic cat? Domestic cats also deserve proper grooming to keep them healthy and clean. One of the most popular domestic cats is British short-haired cat. One of the things you should know is how to cut your cat’s hair when it is matted mess. Usually, it happens for those domestic cats with long hair and without regular cat brushing. Therefore, the only solution is for you to trim down the hair of your cat. However, this can be avoided if regular cat brushing is done.
Cutting the hair of a domestic cat should be properly done due to the fact that their skin is delicate and sensitive. Their hair is their weapon against the different types of weather. If you happen to cut it too short, your cat can be prone to be sick or experience some health issues. It is important to know the proper way of cutting the hair of your cat to avoid these problems. The following are some easy steps to cut the hair of your cat.
- Prepare the things you need such as hair cutting scissors, trimmer and towel.
- If you own a long haired cat, you have to start doing it when your cat is still a kitten. You have to teach them how to be comfortable with you so that you will not have problems when cutting your pet’s hair.
- Cut the nails of your cat first and place him in a comfortable place. If you are having a difficult time dealing with your pet, go to the veterinarian for tranquilizers and trim your cat safely.
- If everything goes smoothly, use your hair cutting scissors and properly trim the hair of your pet. Be careful when doing it to avoid wounding or hurting them. Start trimming first around the ears. Next is to focus on the anus part to keep it always clean. If it is female, it is necessary to cut the hair around the nipple to remove hairs that might cause infection after giving birth. It is also for the sake of newborns in order for them to easily locate their source of milk.
- Once you are done, use trimmers to finish it according to your desired length or appearance of your cat. You also have to consider your cat’s reaction to see if there is a need of going to the veterinarian for the use of tranquilizers.
- The next step is to lay your domestic cat on the towel to remove the mess. You can also do some cat brushing and spot checking. Do this until you are purely satisfied with the appearance of your pet.
Cutting the hair of your cat has its own advantages, but it is also risky if you do not know how to do it properly. However, as mentioned earlier, cutting is not always necessary if you have some time to do cat brushing. Doing so prevents the hair from becoming matted that there is no need to do the cutting. A domestic cat must be treated well like a human.
To ensure good and harmonious relationship with your pet, you have to treat them well. A domestic cat is an indoor cat and therefore, it must always be cleaned and nourished. It is advised to have them properly groomed when they are still a kitten so that they will more comfortable every time you cut or brush their hair. If you have British shorthair cats, then it is more important for you to know how to properly cut or brush their hair. Knowing this will not only allow you to properly cut the hair of your pet, but it will also ensure that you will be able to maintain their health and the beauty of their fur.
If you will not put some effort knowing this, there’s a big chance that you may cut the hair of your cat too short and this is not good for them. As mentioned earlier, cutting the hair of your cat too short may cause them to be prone to health problems, which is of course not beneficial on your part. This will not only force you to spend some cash for the treatment of your pet, but it is also heartbreaking to see them in pain. As a pet owner, it is your responsibility to ensure that your pets are always healthy and living in a good environment. Knowing the consequences of cutting the hair of your cat too short is important for you to put more effort in providing proper care to your cat. Keep in mind that your pet will also be happy if he or she is always feeling clean. More than that, the satisfaction that you will feel is the reward that you will get from ensuring that your pet is always in a good condition through properly cutting his or her hair.