Natural Home Remedies for Hair Loss
Who likes hair loss? Answer: Nobody! Losing hair from the top of your head can be one of the most devastating things for men and women alike. Read why it can be caused in the article.
Losing hair from the top of your head can be one of the most devastating things for men and women alike. Hair loss may be caused for a number of reasons, such as:
- Hormonal changes (such as menopause in women)
- Poor blood circulation to the scalp
Think you can’t get your hair back? Think again. Though it’s hard to beat out genetics, if you find yourself losing your hair chances are something else is also causing your hair loss as well as genetics. Try some of these home remedies for hair loss and regrow your thick hair!
Amla Oil and Amla Juice
Amla is a material that is derived from the Indian gooseberry. These berries are high in vitamin C, and the oils from amla have been used for centuries to help treat both the hair and scalp in Ayurvedic medicine. Amla is said to actually be able to penetrate the scalp and travel down the roots so that it strengthens the hair by the root and that it will actually stop hair loss.
There are a couple of different home remedies that involve using amla, such as:
- Take some dry pieces of amla and boil them in coconut oil. Once boiled thoroughly, take the liquid and apply this hair tonic to your hair and leave it there for at least 5 minutes. Rinse it out and use as often as required until your hair begins to grow back
- Take an equal part of fresh amla juice and equal part of fresh lime juice and combine them in a bowl. Use the mixture as a shampoo for your hair. Rinse it out, and watch for hair regrowth. Re-use as necessary.
- Make your very own anti-hair loss shampoo with 100g of amla, reetha, and shikakai. Boil these in two liters of hot water, and then when cooled, use as a shampoo for one month.
Coconut oil is another natural product that seems to be prevalent in most home remedies for hair loss. Some other mixtures that include using coconut oil for hair loss include:
- Take coconut oil and mix it with equal part lime juice. Massage this mixture into your scalp, and rinse after 5 minutes. You should start to see hair regrowth within 10 days.
- You can even just take coconut oil and rub it into your scalp to help prevent hair loss!
- Mix Shana seeds in with a few drops of coconut oil until it forms a paste. Take the paste and apply it to your scalp on a regular basis (such as twice a week).
If you are trying to prevent hair loss, then you will also want to try out these other two effective home remedies for hair loss:
Hot Oil Treatment: Take a small amount of olive oil and heat it up. Massage the olive oil into your scalp, and then comb it through your hair. Massage it in again, and leave it in over night (you may want to wear a cap so as to not stain your sheets). In the morning, wash it out with a mild shampoo, such as baby shampoo.
Use Southernwood: Take 5 tablespoons of southernwood and mix it with 5 tablespoons of warm water. Put it in a bottle. Before using the product, shake well and be sure to massage the mixture into your scalp two times a week.